Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Aspen-Snowmass 2009 Trip

Family Pic














Boxing day is a public holiday, celebrated by the UK, Germany, Switzerland, and several commonwealth nations such as Trinidad and Tobago, Guyana, and Jamaica. According to Wikipedia: "Boxing Day was traditionally a day on which the servants had a day off from their duties. Because of this the gentry would eat cold cuts and have a buffet-style feast prepared by the servants in advance. In modern times many families will still follow this tradition by eating a family-style buffet lunch, with cold cuts rather than a fully-cooked meal. It is a time for family, parlour games and sports in the UK."

I remember Boxing day as the day I went Skiing in Aspen-Snowmass, Colorado for the first time. I took a 3-day lesson with an instructor who is a fellow Atlantan - Sharon. Sharon taught me how to ski in 3 days and I am very impressed with her patience and persistence. Sharon continuously pointed out my flaws and was determined to make my skiing skills improve - and it did!

Thanks to Aunty Judi, Uncle Godfrey, Graeme, and Jeremy, I had a fantastic time in Aspen-Snowmass and look forward to skiing hopefully every year!


At lunch with the group

We made it to Level 4!


On the chair lift to the top of the slope

Nice view of Aspen-Snowmass

No comments: